Peter’s stroll with Jesus upon the water:
What do you do with Peter?
We may laugh at the fact that Peter got wet that night…but to my way of thinking the sadder thing is that there were eleven other men who stayed dry.
We can condemn Peter for his momentary spirit of questioning or doubt that caused him to sink or we can celebrate the beginning of a deep faith that enabled him to step out of the boat and into the stormy waters.
- Peter’s faith allows him to recognize Jesus
- Peter’s faith in Jesus allows him to call out to him
- Peter’s faith allows him to request to walk with Jesus
- Peter’s faith allows him to get out of the boat
- Peter’s faith allows him to walk towards Jesus
Overcome with his surroundings Peter takes his eyes off Jesus and his faith falters and he begins to sink
Peter’s faith allows him to call out to Jesus “Lord, Save Me!”
I do not believe that Jesus, words “You of little faith, why did you doubt” were words of condemnation…but words of sadness…Peter, we had the opportunity to walk across the lake together, I can’t imagine what I would have been able to share with you then…Peter, we almost had a moment…but now it is passed… “Oh my child Peter, why did you doubt?”
Leave a Reply